Health Department Asking Community for Thermometer Donations
(Mason City) – CG Public Health is asking the community to consider donating any extra, non-mercury working thermometers they may have. With the recent COVID-19 situation thermometers are not readily available for purchase in our community or online. During the COVID-19 situation we are relying heavily on an individual’s ability to take their temperatures to ensure they are well enough to return to their daily functions. The thermometers will be gathered by CG Public Health, sanitized, and distributed to community members who are being asked to monitor their temperatures daily.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office and Clear Lake Police Departments have offered to serve as drop off sites. We are asking those who are interested in donating to please follow this guidance:
- Do not go to a drop off site if you are or have recently been sick (must be symptoms free for at least 72 hours).
- Working thermometers only (we can replace batteries if needed).
- This is an extra thermometer that you or your family will NOT need.
- Donations must be made in person, please do not send thermometers in the mail.
- If you are unable to bring the thermometer to a drop off site, call the health department at (641) 421-9300 for pick up. Instructions on the process will be detailed over the phone.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others while at the drop off site.
- Leave the area immediately after dropping off the thermometer.
- Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Department
17262 Lark Ave, Mason City, IA
– Use the east door and you will need to push the button to request entrance
- Clear Lake Police Department
511 1st Ave N, Clear Lake, IA
– Use the intercom to be let into the lobby
Dates & Times to drop off:
- Friday, March 27th from 8:00 am to 4:30pm
- Monday, March 30th through Friday, April 3rd from 8:00 am to 4:30pm
Should a shelter in-place order be issued for our area, the drop-off sites will be closed, and we ask that you contact CG Public Health to arrange for pick up.
A status report of monitoring and testing of COVID-19 in Iowa provided by IDPH can be found at https://idph.iowa.gov/Emerging-Health-Issues/Novel-Coronavirus. For more information about COVID-19, please visit CG Public Health’s website at cghealth.com. Follow CG Public Health on Facebook and Twitter (@CGPublicHealth).