- This event has passed.
Make It OK Mental Health Awareness Walk 🚶♂️🚶♀️
May 18 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Walk, learn, show support by being involved, and spread awareness for mental health. This event is FREE & open to the public. By design, this event allows participants to walk, seek resources, chat, and enjoy lunch at their own leisure. Take a quick lap on your lunch break or stay the entire time – either way, your support is appreciated and makes a difference in our community.
By coming together as a community we can help stop the stigmas associated with mental illness by sharing education, debunking assumptions and misconceptions, and raising awareness about the healthcare resources that are available for mental health in North Iowa.
- 11 AM
Food vendors, resource tables, & the marked walking path open to the public.
- 12 PM
Gather at Principal Pavilion for a short oration, group photo, & a few laps around the walking path as a large group.
- Until 1 PM
Food vendors, resource tables, & the marked walking path remain open.
– WEAR GREEN: “National Wear Green Day” for mental health awareness is recognized on 5.18.23, the day of our walk. You can wear green, but you do not have to. There is no dress code for this event; please come as you are!
– KNOW WHERE TO GO: Cerro Gordo county mental health resource providers will be listed on your card. It’s important to know where to go for mental healthcare and support for yourself, those you love, and your neighbors in the community. Stop by their tables to learn more.
– WIN: Participate in an optional bingo activity by visiting each resource table where you will get a stamp. Visit all of the tables to enter a drawing for a chance to win a self-care prize! Full details can be found on the card.
– WALK: The marked walking path follows a section of the walking tour which will feature several freshly installed sculptures. A map can be found on your resource card.
– LUNCH: Dine-in at one of the many great restaurants located in the pavilion & around downtown Mason City. Healthy, fresh, grab & go lunch options like sandwiches, salads, and dips will be available to purchase from Roots Nutrition in the pavilion. Additional picnic tables will be set up throughout Central Park.
– MORE INFO: Businesses, organizations, and groups can obtain further information about group attendance, providing resources, and getting involved by emailing Cori Frein at [email protected]